UPSC Syllabus 2018 for the examination for Preliminary and Mains of Civil Services is available. CSE Prelims examination is also known as CSAT abbreviation of Civil Services Aptitude Test. The examination will be organised on 3rd June. Lakhs of contenders had applied for it and they all are preparing for the exam. Syllabus will assist these students to know what are the topics they need to make a tight grip.
UPSC Prelims Exam Pattern 2018
Prelims examination comprise of two sections – General Studies and Aptitude Skills. UPSC syllabus 2018 of both of these portions is given after the exam pattern.
|Aptitude Skills||2 Hours||80||200|
|General Studies||2 Hours||100||200|
|Paper 1 & 2, both should be qualified for being eligible for Mains exam. In paper 2, Minimum 33% marks should be entered|
UPSC Syllabus 2018 For Prelims Paper I
CSAT Prelims Paper 1 syllabus consists of:
- Current affairs and current events of international and national importance.
- General issues on Climate Change, Environmental Ecology, and Biodiversity (It don’t require subject specialization )
- Indian National Movement and History of India.
- World and Indian Geography- It contains Rights Issues, Physical Geography of India and the world, Economic Geography of India and the world, Social Geography of India and the world.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Public Policy, Political System, Panchayati Raj, etc
- Social Development and Economic – It contains Social Sector initiatives, Sustainable Development, Inclusion, Demographics, and Poverty etc.
UPSC CSAT Paper II Syllabus 2018
- Problem-solving and Decision-making.
- General mental ability.
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level), Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level).
- Analytical ability and Logical Reasoning.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
UPSC Mains Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2018
As we all know that the Union Public Services Commission Civil Services exam is the toughest one across the country. The authority selects candidates not on the basis of his/ her education, but, they analyse the whole development of a candidate. They figure how much a deep a candidate can understand the situation.
The mains examination consists of two sections – written and the interview UPSC syllabus 2018 of which we have discussed in this session. In written test, total 9 papers are held out of which, two (Any Indian language and English) are qualifying in nature (300 marks). Marks scored by a contender in these two tests will not be counted in final proceedings.
Paper I – Essay – 250 marks
Paper II – General Studies I (Culture and Indian Heritage|History and Geography of the World and Society) – 250 marks
|Paper III – General Studies II (Constitution| Governance| Social Justice| Polity| and International relations) – 250 marks|
|Paper IV – General Studies III (Economic Development| Technology| Environment| Biodiversity| Disaster Management and Security) – 250 marks|
|Paper V – General Studies-IV (Aptitude| Integrity| and Ethics) – 250 marks|
|Paper VI – Optional Subject – Paper 1 – 250 marks|
|Paper VII – Optional Subject – Paper 2 – 250 mark|